It’s Valentines month which means you are probably fed up of seeing Valentine’s Day spam on your feed but I promise this is my last offering for the big day. I have already posted my Strawberry and Chocolate Cake and decided to try something a bit simpler. This recipe is super easy and doesn’t take that long to make. It would also be perfect for getting your kids involved in Valentine’s Day and in the kitchen.
In a bid to make good on my promise and include more recipes on my blog that aren’t cakes I decided to share this. The gooeyness of the marshmallows along with the hard chocolate and sprinkles is sooooo delicious. I couldn’t stop eating these after I had made them. I ended up giving them to friends, family and colleagues so I didn’t end up eating them all to myself.
I had seen quite a few marshmallow pop recipes on Pinterest and decided that this was the perfect opportunity to make my own. It is basically just marshmallows on a skewer coated in milk and white chocolate and finished off with some pretty sprinkles.
To make these I used kebab skewers to pop my marshmallows on but they were quite long so you might better-using cake pop sticks, they can be found in most baking shops. I popped four marshmallows onto each of my skewers, you can add more or less depending on your preference. I then melted the milk chocolate in the microwave and coated the marshmallows. I left them on a flat baking tray. Next, I melted white chocolate in the microwave and piped it over the top of the milk chocolate. You can drizzle it using a spoon or fork but I popped mine in a disposable piping bag cut the tip of the bag and drizzled it that way. Once all your marshmallows are coated in both the chocolates I added some sprinkles. The sprinkles I used came from a set of four and you can buy them here.
Hints and Tips
You can use any chocolate you like it doesn’t need to be milk why not try white or dark instead.
If you use more marshmallows then you will need more chocolate.
This recipe will make 12 marshmallow pops.
44 Marshmallows (roughly 2 bags)
400g Milk Chocolate
200g White Chocolate
Pink Food Colouring
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and leave to one side.
- Pop the marshmallows onto the skewers. I made 12 skewers and put 4 marshmallows on each. Leave to one side or on the baking tray.
- In a bowl break up the milk chocolate and melt in the microwave in 10-second bursts until it is completely smooth.
- Dip the marshmallows into the chocolate or pour the chocolate over the marshmallows until they are completely covered. Leave on the baking tray.
- Once they are completely covered leave them to one side.
- In a bowl break up the white chocolate and melt in the microwave in 10-seconds bursts until it is completely smooth.
- Once the white chocolate is completely melted add in some pink food colouring, and mix until the white chocolate is the colour you want. I added the food colouring bit by bit until I had the bright pink colour I wanted.
- I piped the white chocolate over the top of the marshmallows using a disposable piping bag and just snipped the tip of the bag off. But you could just use a spoon or fork to drizzle the white chocolate over.
- Finally, add some sprinkles. Leave the marshmallows to one side, or pop in the fridge until the chocolate has completely set.
You can find me on:
Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.