Biscuity base and Toblerone cheesecake topped with more Toblerone triangles.
I made this cheesecake for a family dinner in memory of my Grandad who sadly passed away earlier this year. Toblerone was his favourite chocolate and for every birthday and Christmas he would always be gifted with one. So it seemed only right at this time of year when we are thinking of absent friends and family that I would make this for my family.
The cheesecake recipe is SUPER simple. I crushed up some Toblerone and added it to the cheesecake mix. I blitzed it in the food processor so the crumbs are small enough to add to the cheesecake but also big enough so when you are eating it you still get a crunch from the Toblerone.
I decorated it, as always with some double cream, I just love the way this looks, and some leftover triangles of Toblerone. I crushed some of these up too and placed them in the middle. Finally adding a drizzle of melted chocolate to the top.
This serves 10-12
For the Base
300g Biscuits, I use hobnobs or digestives.
150g Unsalted Butter, melted
For the Cheesecake
300ml Double Cream
100g Icing Sugar
600g Soft Cheese
150ml Double Cream
50g Milk Chocolate
- Line your baking tin with greaseproof paper. I use a 8″ or 20cm cake tin.
- For the base – Place the biscuits in a food processor until they resemble small crumbs. Add the melted butter until all the biscuits start to come together.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of your cake tin and place in the fridge to chill.
- For the Cheesecake – Put your Toblerone in the food processor until it resembles bread crumbs. Leave to the side.
- Mix together the double cream and icing sugar until soft peaks form, add in the cream cheese and mix until combine Finally add in your crushed Toblerone and mix until all combined. Spoon the mixture on top of the biscuit base and pop back in the fridge. Leave for at least 2 hours but preferable overnight until completely set.
- To Decorate – Whip the double cream until it forms small peaks, and pipe onto the top of the cheesecake, decorate with more Toblerone.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave in 10 second bursts and drizzle over the top of your Cheesecake.
Tips and Tricks
You MUST use full fat soft cheese or else your cheesecake won’t set and will resemble ice cream.
You can use any flavour of Toblerone you wish.
This will keep for 2-3 days refrigerated.
Sarah’s Cupcake Blog: Please do not use my images or recipes without prior permission. If you would like to republish this recipe, please ask for permission and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
You can find me on
Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!