White Chocolate Chip Cupcakes topped with White Chocolate buttercream = Utter heaven!
Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE white chocolate! Love it! Love it! Love it! So how could I not share this white chocolate cupcake recipe with you? When I first made this blog I wanted to make sure there were a wide range of recipes on here not just my favourites. It pushed me to make and try things that I wouldn’t normally have baked like for example my Biscoff Fudge which will be posted very soon. However, this white Chocolate recipe is a firm favourites among my friends and family.
It is a basic cupcake recipe with white chocolate chips incorporated into it and topped with white chocolate buttercream and I used white chocolate stars however, you can used any sprinkles you fancy.
I used Iced Jems beautiful baking cups to make these which are slightly deeper than normal cupcake cases so you might be able to make more than 12! They are flat bottomed which means you can pop them on a flat baking try rather than a muffin tin so if you do have extra you should be able to bake them at the same time on the same shelf on the oven.
This makes 12.
For the Cupcakes
175g Caster Sugar
175g Self-Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
175g White Chocolate Chips
For the Buttercream
175g White Chocolate
275g Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan, gas mark 4). Line a cupcake/muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add in the self-raising flour, eggs, baking powder and vanilla bean paste, until all the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is pale in colour. Finally add in the white chocolate chips and whisk for around 2-3 minutes until they are thoroughly mixed into the batter.
- Spoon the mixture into baking cases and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and springy to touch.
- Once the cakes have cooled make your butter icing. To do this melt your white chocolate in the microwave in short 20 second bursts making sure to stir it in-between and leave to the side too cool.
- together in a large bowl the Icing sugar and butter until it is very pale and fluffy. Then add in your white chocolate and mix again until it is all incorporated.
- Pipe the buttercream onto your cupcakes and add some sprinkles for decoration.
Tips and Tricks
As stated above I used Iced Jems Baking Cups for these which are slightly deeper, if you don’t want extra cupcakes you could just reduce the recipe to 125g self-raising flour, caster sugar, butter and white chocolate chips and 2 eggs.
These will last for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
You can use which ever chocolate you want it doesn’t have to be white.
Sarah’s Cupcake Blog: Please do not use my images or recipes without prior permission. If you would like to republish this recipe, please ask for permission and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
You can find me on
Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!