Vanilla cheesecake and chocolate chip cookie bars.
Cookies and cheesecake are my two favourite things so I decided to try and combine them together and these cheesecake cookie bars are what I got. I could not decide whether to add some flavours to do this but because it was my first time making them I decided to just go with good old vanilla. If I were to make them in future I would maybe do a flavoured cheesecake such strawberry or chocolate. You could also substitute the chocolate chips for say M&Ms, caramac, oreos the possibilities are endless!
All of my cheesecakes are no-bake but this one really does need to be baked. I don’t think you would be able to make it if it was no-baked. I made the cookie base which is of course baked, and add the cheesecake mixture on top before adding the leftover cookie dough on top and baking it all in the oven for approximately 30 minutes. When you take it out the oven the cheesecake should still wobble slightly and the cookie should be golden brown.
This makes 9-12.
For the Cookie
250g Plain Flour
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
50g Granulated Sugar
130g Golden Caster Sugar
1 Large Egg
1tsp Vanilla Bean Extracts
150g Chocolate Chips
For the Cheesecake
150g Double Cream
300g Cream Cheese
125g Caster Sugar
1 Large Egg
- Preheat your oven to 190C (170C fan/Gas Mark 5) and line a 20cmx20cm square tin with parchment paper.
- Now to make the cookie dough. In one bowl mix the flour and bicarbonate of soda and leave to one side.
- In a larger bowl mix together the butter and both the sugars together add the eggs and vanilla and whisk together until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips to the larger bowl and mix together until the chocolate chips are evenly spread through all your dough.
- Press all the mixture into your square tin leaving roughly about a handful in the bowl (this will be used later)
- Put the square tin in the fridge to chill while you make the cheesecake mixture.
- Whisk your double cream until peaks form, add in the cream cheese and caster sugar and mix until all combined and soft peaks form. Finally add in the egg and vanilla and mix together. The mixture should be quite wet.
- Spoon the mixture on top of your cookie dough mixture until the cookie dough is completely hidden. The handful of mixture that you saved from earlier, break into smaller chunks and sprinkle it over the top of your cheesecake.
- Put this in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cookie dough is golden brown. Your cheesecake should still have a slight wobble to it. Leave to cool.
Tips and Tricks!
You can swap the chocolate chips for white chocoalte chips or M&Ms it is totally up to you.
You can also change the flavour of the cheesecake by adding cocoa powder, strawberry flavourings or even using your favourite sweets e.g. oreo or caramac.
These will keep for 3 days in an airtight container.
Sarah’s Cupcake Blog: Please do not use my images or recipes without prior permission. If you would like to republish this recipe, please ask for permission and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
You can find me on
Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!